Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 9, 2010, 07:47 PM   #1
geoffdvp
macrumors newbie

How to delete images on iMac

Hi,
I am a photographer and have been used to a PC to scan my images and delete them. I can't find how to do it easily on my iMac. I can take 1000's of images on some shoots and with my PC I was able to visually scan the images for clarity and delete those that didn't work with 2 keystrokes. How do I do this on the iMac? Dragging them manually into the trash can seems a long way around.
Are there any photographers that require a similar work flow. Could you let me know what you do.

Hope you can help,
Geoff
geoffdvp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 07:49 PM   #2
swiftaw
macrumors 603

Command+Delete will send selected files to the trash
swiftaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2010, 08:12 PM   #3
melchior
macrumors 65816

hold down the command key (apple key) + mouse click on the files you don't want. then either drag them all to the trash or do command + delete.

that being said, i would highly recommend using a photo management software like aperture or lightroom. for fast image viewing in a folder like you're doing i'm fond of phoenix slides which you can quickly delete from too.
melchior is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help