Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hatchet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Baton Rouge
When is the next Apple Media Event?

I know there are a lot of rumors of the Apple Tablet coming out...is there any other product upgrades expected? I am in the market for an Apple Display and would like to know if I should wait.

Thanks!

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006

I know there are a lot of rumors of the Apple Tablet coming out...is there any other product upgrades expected? I am in the market for an Apple Display and would like to know if I should wait.

Thanks!

No one knows.

End of thread.

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
The next Apple event is going to be held on January 26th in San Francisco, California. There is a lot of speculation about the tablet, supposedly called the iSlate, being released at that event. As for me, I wanna hear about a CDMA (Verizon Wireless) iPhone :cool:

Santabean2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2007

Thanks!

I'm picking/hoping that on the 26th or 27th Jan new MBPs and MBA will be announced, followed by " one more thing..."

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
supposedly it is going to be 1/27/10 at the yerba buena center in San Francisco, 10am PST.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Rumors are saying 26th or 27th of January. That seems logical as Intel just released new CPUs which are ideal for laptops and ATI also released Mobile Radeon 5000 series which may be used in MBPs. Nobody knows for sure though

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento

Thanks!

Why an Apple display? It uses an LG panel.

Lots of other excellent displays out there.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
when do you guys think the new MBP will be on sale if it's announced on 26th or 27th Jan? :)

It'll ship on the same day I guess. Apple wouldn't held a media event and then tell us that it'll ship in March. That was one of the reasons Apple isn't in MacWorld anymore because if they announced something, it took time to ship it .

H4L

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
NZ
It'll ship on the same day I guess. Apple wouldn't held a media event and then tell us that it'll ship in March. That was one of the reasons Apple isn't in MacWorld anymore because if they announced something, it took time to ship it .

icic, same for overseas? a few days delays?

H4L

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
NZ
sounds great, now I can't wait to get my new MBP at the beginning of Feb! :D

Andy348

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2009
Montreal
To answer the OP:

Next event should be the 27th of January. It is likely that there will be Arrandale MacBook Pros (new processor chip), but I haven't heard anything about new Apple Cinema Displays. If I were you, I'd wait, just incase.

Feel free to correct me anyone, this is just what I've read.

CrimsonClown

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2010
Do we have any idea if the iPhone line up will be updated? Planning on getting a 3GS for my birthday, but I'll hold off a week if I know there's something in the pipeline.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Do we have any idea if the iPhone line up will be updated? Planning on getting a 3GS for my birthday, but I'll hold off a week if I know there's something in the pipeline.

Highly unlikely, iPhone are released in June/July

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
supposeldy this event is more based on "mobile technology", so think MBP, new MB, tablet and possibly the new iPhone OS 4.0 will be unveiled, but that may be done in February..

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
It is sometimes non-accurate.

It's always inaccurate. It's just a script that when it passes a certain time limit it changes to approaching the end of the cycle and when it passes the average days since update it changes to Don't buy - updates soon. Cinema Displays have had don't buy - updates soon for almost 800 days so...

ablack774

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2009
Scotland
I'm picking/hoping that on the 26th or 27th Jan new MBPs and MBA will be announced, followed by " one more thing..."

Yeah im really hoping for that too, i am wanting a mac book pro and since the new macbooks specs are sometimes higher that the baseline MBP i think it should be likely that they get refreshed. Fingers crossed!! :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.