Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:29 PM   #26
solasi
macrumors newbie

im going through the same problem and my phone is stuck.. did any find a solution that worked?
solasi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:05 AM   #27
pacodaoriginal
macrumors newbie

Go To This Url and Itll Be Easier...This People Made Fun and Didnt Instruct Us Right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdIeBhIGuDc
pacodaoriginal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2012, 09:39 AM   #28
zman6000
macrumors newbie

my iphone 3gs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelatinist View Post
Have you tried a hard reset? Press and hold Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for at least 10 seconds until it restarts. If that doesn't work, let me know. There is another thing you can try.
hi there sorry to bother you but my iphone 3gs got hot then didnt turn back on again, its not jailbroke or anything like that nothing seems to work any suggestions? can you email me at, zman6000@hotmail.co.uk many thanks
zman6000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:06 PM   #29
omr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berlinjeremy View Post
I cant type anything in on terminal. It just says

Last login: Mon Jan 11 08:50:06 on ttys000
/Users/Me/Downloads/iHackintosh\ iRecovery\ Package\ for\ Windows\ \&\ Mac.rar\ Folder/irecovery ; exit;
jeremy-berlins-macbook-2:~ Me$ /Users/Me/Downloads/iHackintosh\ iRecovery\ Package\ for\ Windows\ \&\ Mac.rar\ Folder/irecovery ; exit;
iRecovery - Recovery Utility
by westbaer
Thanks to pod2g, tom3q, planetbeing and geohot.

./iRecovery [args]
-f <file> upload file.
-r reset usb.
-c "command" sends a single command.
-s starts a shell.

logout

[Process completed]
i'm having trouble entering any commands when i open irecovery. how did you enter commands? i type, but nothing enters...
thanks
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:57 PM   #30
FileTran
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Guys you are making this harder then it is!

Ok..... Go to my wesbite in my signiture > click downloads > click tiny umbrella > save to desktop > extract it > open folder and click tiny umbrella > click the advanced tab > uncheck set hosts to cydia on exit > close out of tiny umbrella > open itunes > plug in your iphone > restore it

thank you,
FileTran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:17 PM   #31
omr
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacodaoriginal View Post
Thank you!
to just use irecovery to get your device out of recovery mode/logo loop, this couldn't be any more straight forward.

unfortunately, my iphone went back to recovery mode after it booted. which is fine since i just wanted to confirm the logo loop wasn't my ultimate problem. there's something wrong with either my firmware or hardware and i need to figure out how to get my iphone 3gs to accept and install a firmware...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman6000 View Post
hi there sorry to bother you but my iphone 3gs got hot then didnt turn back on again, its not jailbroke or anything like that nothing seems to work any suggestions? can you email me at, zman6000@hotmail.co.uk many thanks
this has happened to me before but my iphone did eventually turn back on. this time it went into recovery mode, if it didn't reboot just prior as well (i didn't see, i just noticed it was all of the sudden in recovery mode), but either way i think it was because of overheating. both times it was in direct sunlight and above average temperature.
i'm still trying to fix it...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks