Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:47 AM   #1
gacxx
macrumors regular

I can't drag and drop songs into itunes playlists anymore.

So yeah I just noticed that for some reason, I can't drag and drop into itunes. I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.2, and and using itunes version 9.0.2. How can I fix this?

EDIT: It is working now so there is no need for this board anymore. Thanks!

Last edited by gacxx; Jan 11, 2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: My issue was solved
gacxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 02:50 PM   #2
madsquabs
macrumors newbie

Yea I've looked everywhere for a solution and haven't found one. I think apple is slowly placing all these types of restrictions so that you keep having to by music from them....I think they realized people where just hooking up their ipods to other people's computers and getting music once they clicked the "manually manage music box"...you can't do that anymore...Now they must of realized that people where hooking up external hard drives and just dragging music to them from the itunes to the desk top...you can't do that anymore either...

It's the same reason you can't use adobe flash player on the iphone or ipad...if you could watch tv shows on hulu, you're not going to buy them from itunes are you? These greedy bastards are no different from the cell phone and cable companies: they slowly make it so you depend on them and have no other options, then they steal all your money cause they no you don't have any other choice...before you could use windows media player or music box instead of itunes, but know since you have and ipod, ipad, and iphone, you're stuck using itunes...greedy bastards
madsquabs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2011, 04:19 PM   #3
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

First, This is a year-old thread. Second, if you paid attention to the first post, you'll see gacxx figured it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsquabs View Post
I think apple is slowly placing all these types of restrictions so that you keep having to by music from them....
That's completely ridiculous. The ability to drag and drop songs into playlists has nothing whatsoever to do with buying music from the iTunes store. If you can't drag and drop songs to playlists, either you're doing it wrong, or there's something wrong with your setup. Apple didn't place any kind of restriction on that function.
Quote:
Now they must of realized that people where hooking up external hard drives and just dragging music to them from the itunes to the desk top...you can't do that anymore either...
Yes, you can. You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:
It's the same reason you can't use adobe flash player on the iphone or ipad...if you could watch tv shows on hulu, you're not going to buy them from itunes are you?
Flash is horribly inefficient and resource-intensive. It has nothing to do with whether you watch things online or buy them. Hulu isn't a complete resource for all TV shows, so whether you have flash or not, you still won't find everything you want on Hulu.

If you have a complaint about Apple making money (imagine a business who's in it for profit!), or about the fact that they don't have all the technologies that you want, that's one thing. But don't misrepresent the functions that do, indeed, exist in iTunes. Just because you can't figure it out doesn't mean it won't work.

Last edited by GGJstudios; Jan 8, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help