Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PIMaynard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Well, kind of. I was actually going to post this topic last night when I got my first facebook push notification after several days. I got a few more, but when I woke up this morning, I've stopped receiving push notifications again. It's not working with my ESPN application, either. It's not a huge deal, but it's mildly annoying. I do have the push notifications turned on in settings under "Notifications", have the phone set to push under "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," I've turned on the notifications in both the Facebook settings and in the Sportscenter application.

I am running 3.1.2 and I did my jailbreak using Pwnage Tools. I also am on the AT&T network.

Is it possible that some of my other applications are stopping the phone from receiving the push notifications?

paulgimson

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
Jakarta
Suffering in Jakarta with Iphone 3G not recieving push notifications

Thought I would respond to this. I am actually having the same problem and am not getting push notifications for any application. My girlfriend also has the 3G and the same applies with her phone. We have tried everything we can think of. Our phones are both jailbroken and unlocked this I can do in my sleep now and both phones are now running 4.0. Bit slow and a few glitches, but working OK. So like you if anybody has the answers for this troubling question It would be much appreciated. I have taken my phone into MAC Authorization stores here in Jakarta as well as Malaysia and nobody can figure it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.