Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Sutton20
macrumors newbie

Sound Fix for Windows 7 and Macbook.

Hey everybody, this is the first time i have posted on a site like this, but i have tried something which seems to increase the volume dramatically on my Macbook pro and standard old plastic Macbook, what you need to do is just follow these simple steps, go to start, control panel, sound, click on the playback tab if it isnt already opened, then right click on the first device in the list it should bring up a list of different options then click properties. then when you have that done click on the enhancements tab, then make sure loudness equalization is ticked, hit apply, now your done. you will be amazed what this little tab can do do for the volume on the laptop i could bearly hear music playing and watching movies was just a waste of time but once you do this sound is so loud. this doesnt seem to work on Windows Vista Ultimate for some reason and I think its because there is a software issue with bootcamp and its not completely compatible with the sound hardware that is in the Macbook Pro.
hope this helps people, cos it was a pain in the head for me until i found this solution just really by playing around with the sound settings. Let me know if this helps anybody.

Andrew
Sutton20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:37 PM   #2
beanadd
macrumors newbie

Thanks

Hey, I can't believe I happened to need your post that you put up today! I just put Windows7 on my brand new Macbook Pro. I used your sound fix and it definitely helps, but I am wondering if there is anything more we can do. I feel like its louder, but not as loud as the sound in OS X.

Either way, thanks!
beanadd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:07 PM   #3
amorcito
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutton20 View Post
Hey everybody, this is the first time i have posted on a site like this, but i have tried something which seems to increase the volume dramatically on my Macbook pro and standard old plastic Macbook, what you need to do is just follow these simple steps, go to start, control panel, sound, click on the playback tab if it isnt already opened, then right click on the first device in the list it should bring up a list of different options then click properties. then when you have that done click on the enhancements tab, then make sure loudness equalization is ticked, hit apply, now your done. you will be amazed what this little tab can do do for the volume on the laptop i could bearly hear music playing and watching movies was just a waste of time but once you do this sound is so loud. this doesnt seem to work on Windows Vista Ultimate for some reason and I think its because there is a software issue with bootcamp and its not completely compatible with the sound hardware that is in the Macbook Pro.
hope this helps people, cos it was a pain in the head for me until i found this solution just really by playing around with the sound settings. Let me know if this helps anybody.

Andrew

So you're running via bootcamp? I can't wait to get my replacement. I'm currently on a 2.16 ghz and I need to speed bump for other things I plan on using. Did you use the bootcamp drivers from Snow Leopard for the Windows 7 installation? How much faster is 64bit vs. 32 bit osx and windows? Thanks for that added info, I'm sure it'll help me, when I run into that sound issue.
amorcito is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro