Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:51 AM   #1
HappyDude20
macrumors 68020
 
HappyDude20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
How Can I Check For Liquid Spill Damage? (Keyboard)

I've notice the bottom arrow on my arrow keys, located on the bottom right corner of the keyboard doesn't have as springy of a bounce as it once did. About 3 days ago I got the impression it kinda felt a bit sticky.

Having a baby brother I'm fearing the worst. The performance of my MBP hasn't changed at all, however having only 4 months left allowed to purchase and extend AppleCare I wouldn't want to buy it for no reason.

That and I always like to rest assured my Mac is in pristine condition.
__________________
iPad & iPhone Only
HappyDude20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:45 PM   #2
tommy8884
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude20 View Post
I've notice the bottom arrow on my arrow keys, located on the bottom right corner of the keyboard doesn't have as springy of a bounce as it once did. About 3 days ago I got the impression it kinda felt a bit sticky.

Having a baby brother I'm fearing the worst. The performance of my MBP hasn't changed at all, however having only 4 months left allowed to purchase and extend AppleCare I wouldn't want to buy it for no reason.

That and I always like to rest assured my Mac is in pristine condition.
I would take it to apple. Get them to check it out. If they say it's a liquid spill then don't buy apple care
tommy8884 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:06 PM   #3
HappyDude20
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
HappyDude20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy8884 View Post
I would take it to apple. Get them to check it out. If they say it's a liquid spill then don't buy apple care
Good call.

Any idea as to how long the process is?

I've taken it in to the Apple store before for a repair or two, never takes more than a few days, 5 at the most...

But would they be able to check it then and there on the spot for me just to check for a soda spill?
__________________
iPad & iPhone Only
HappyDude20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:46 PM   #4
HappyDude20
Thread Starter
macrumors 68020
 
HappyDude20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
"No more than 15 minutes," said the Apple Genius Bar over the phone.

:]
__________________
iPad & iPhone Only
HappyDude20 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:58 PM   #5
Knowlege Bomb
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude20 View Post
"No more than 15 minutes," said the Apple Genius Bar over the phone.

:]
Did you tell them over the phone you suspected water damage?

If not I'd avoid mentioning it when you get to the genius bar. Just tell them you noticed a difference in the feel of the button. If you bring up liquid damage that'll be the first thing they'll check and if they find it, it'll void any chance of them fixing it.
Knowlege Bomb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MacBook Air Liquid Spill james*b MacBook Air 7 Feb 19, 2014 11:37 AM
Liquid spill on MacBook Air 2013 Bbrutus MacBook Air 3 Dec 24, 2013 10:03 AM
liquid spill - fix or replace? debtman7 MacBook Pro 15 Aug 28, 2013 07:45 PM
should I repair my MBA 2012? spill liquid... omg8899 MacBook Air 7 Aug 23, 2013 11:25 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC