Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I've notice the bottom arrow on my arrow keys, located on the bottom right corner of the keyboard doesn't have as springy of a bounce as it once did. About 3 days ago I got the impression it kinda felt a bit sticky.

Having a baby brother I'm fearing the worst. The performance of my MBP hasn't changed at all, however having only 4 months left allowed to purchase and extend AppleCare I wouldn't want to buy it for no reason.

That and I always like to rest assured my Mac is in pristine condition.

tommy8884

macrumors member
May 14, 2009
I've notice the bottom arrow on my arrow keys, located on the bottom right corner of the keyboard doesn't have as springy of a bounce as it once did. About 3 days ago I got the impression it kinda felt a bit sticky.

Having a baby brother I'm fearing the worst. The performance of my MBP hasn't changed at all, however having only 4 months left allowed to purchase and extend AppleCare I wouldn't want to buy it for no reason.

That and I always like to rest assured my Mac is in pristine condition.

I would take it to apple. Get them to check it out. If they say it's a liquid spill then don't buy apple care

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I would take it to apple. Get them to check it out. If they say it's a liquid spill then don't buy apple care

Good call.

Any idea as to how long the process is?

I've taken it in to the Apple store before for a repair or two, never takes more than a few days, 5 at the most...

But would they be able to check it then and there on the spot for me just to check for a soda spill?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
"No more than 15 minutes," said the Apple Genius Bar over the phone.

:]

Did you tell them over the phone you suspected water damage?

If not I'd avoid mentioning it when you get to the genius bar. Just tell them you noticed a difference in the feel of the button. If you bring up liquid damage that'll be the first thing they'll check and if they find it, it'll void any chance of them fixing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.