Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you go to Incipio's mobile site (m.myincipio.com), they have a category of products titled "Apple Tablet Cases". It's empty however, when I look at it from my phone. Can we take this as yet more confirmation that the device will be out sooner than later? Wonder if they already have the dimensions of the device, since they are an accessories maker? I know case makers have spilled the beans before about upcoming products. What do you guys think about this? Is this more confirmation of an imminent release of the device comng from a company that may have true knowledge of the device, or just a company speculating based on rumors?

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Norman, OK
I don't think you can take it as proof of anything (see case manufacturers who made iPod touch cases with a camera hole).

I think incipio is just preparing to make them based on rumors like everyone else.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
*laughs* yeah...there is probably several warehouses full of iPod Touch cases with an extra hole in them.

On those iPod Touch w/camera cases, I still believe that the touch was supposed to have a camera in that location, but was scrapped by Apple late into the design. Most(if not all) of those case manufacturers were spot on in their placement of the camera location for their iPod Nano cases. So how did they miss the camera so badly in their Touch cases if there wasn't originally plans for it?

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
On those iPod Touch w/camera cases, I still believe that the touch was supposed to have a camera in that location, but was scrapped by Apple late into the design. Most(if not all) of those case manufacturers were spot on in their placement of the camera location for their iPod Nano cases. So how did they miss the camera so badly in their Touch cases if there wasn't originally plans for it?

I am inclined to agree with you, however regarding your OP you should note the Incipio hasn't been one of the companies to leak cases (that I can remember recently).

wildcardd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2007
Denver, CO

I hear you man.

I was just making the comment that all these case manufacturers design and produce all these cases BEFORE the product is even released. Some pay for insider info and others just go off of speculation.

In that situation it bit them in the buttocks. ;)

TheOnlyJon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Indianapolis
*laughs* yeah...there is probably several warehouses full of iPod Touch cases with an extra hole in them.

I'm sure there are lots of iPod Touch owners who assume this with their Insipio cases from the hole in the front - not knowing that it's for the ambient lighting sensor.

Needless to say, it's quite an interesting find. I foresee people protecting the tablet with a skin much like they do with iPhones and iPods as opposed to using a "laptop case" style carrying case.

I'm willing to bet that the tablet will have some sort of cover to protect the screen. Whether it be aluminum to match the body or some other material, it would not surprise me one bit. You can't fold it to protect the screen, and it's too valuable to just slap a protective sticker on...

Just a thought. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.