Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xwilx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I have been using Xcode 3.0 on Leopard 10.5.4. Recently I upgraded the os to Snow Leopard 10.6.2. And now I want to upgrade Xcode to 3.2.1 too. I read the documentation of Xcode (for 3.0) and it said that I can remove Xcode with the following command:
$ sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all

Running that command, and I got the following errors:
ERROR: Can't locate uninstaller script /Library/Developer/3.0/uninstall-devtools
ERROR: Can't locate uninstaller script /Library/Developer/Shared/uninstall-devtools
Can't determine system version.

Anybody has this problem before? What should I do to remove Xcode 3.0 completely so that I can install the new Xcode 3.2.1?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks a lot!

wil.

szymczyk

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2006
Since you're unable to uninstall Xcode 3.0, I suggest installing Xcode 3.2.1 without uninstalling Xcode 3.0. Uninstalling Xcode is not mandatory. Installing Xcode 3.2.1 should overwrite your Xcode 3.0 installation.

Heath

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2005
Canada
I had this issue when I upgraded from Tiger to Snow Leopard, the problem is that the script used has no way of recognizing your OS version since the script was written for an earlier version of the OS and can't continue.
What ended up working for me is I went through the script manually and deleted everything I could locate relating to xcode then installed the latest version of xcode.
It worked about 80%, I installed it again without deleting stuff and it works 100% now.
For future reference, I would uninstall xcode using the script before doing OS upgrades unless you like going through the uninstall script and doing it manually ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.