Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:05 AM   #1
SIXTYNINEWEST
macrumors newbie

Iphone 3gs Composite Av Cable Problem - No Video Solution Found!!!!

I am new to this forum, but I have been searching for a solution. My Iphone 3gs like many others has been challenged on playing video through the TV.

I bought a composite av cable set and I got audio and NO video. I even bought the Apple cords. The website says it isn't able to work with 3gs but the package states that it will? Confusing. So I took my cable back to the store and at the store the tech tried every possible configuration to get it to work with no luck. We tried with a dock.. No luck, we tried composite and component... No luck.

The light came on when the guy grabbed an old iPod dock. The one with the round IR port and the S cable plug on the back. It didn't work with the cords either but when I tried to play a video it asked me if I wanted to play to TV? so I assumed that if I had the S cable it would work.... AND I WAS RIGHT!

I searched the Internet and bought a slightly used old dock in the box for $20. Then I bought a monster cable set off of eBay for $12. It has the headphone Jack to RCA out and the S cable to S Cable. After trying so many things this was my last resort... Well I just plugged it all in and IT WORKS GREAT!

All you iPhone 3gs guys with this same problem... Go get an old iPod dock with the S Cable port and a cheap set of cords at Target or Walmart and you will be playing to your boob tube in no time!

Hope this helps! I hav been so frustrated by this for so long it feels good to finally have it working. Evens works with the remote! Funny because the dock says it works with everything BUT iPhone!
ponent...
SIXTYNINEWEST is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:59 AM   #2
econstantin
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXTYNINEWEST View Post
The light came on when the guy grabbed an old iPod dock. The one with the round IR port and the S cable plug on the back...
I searched the Internet and bought a slightly used old dock in the box for $20. Then I bought a monster cable set off of eBay for $12. It has the headphone Jack to RCA out and the S cable to S Cable....
All you iPhone 3gs guys with this same problem... Go get an old iPod dock with the S Cable port and a cheap set of cords at Target or Walmart and you will be playing to your boob tube in no time!
Do you mean S-Video cable?
econstantin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting