Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Sweetwater Mac
macrumors newbie

Mac Mini to Samsung Flat Screen

I'm setting up my home theater using a Mac Mini 2.26 along with a Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH receiver. I bought the Kanex Mini Displayport to HDMI 1020p Video and Digital Audio Adapter. I can connect my Mini directly to my Samsung plasma and everything works fine (although the top of the display where the menu is doesn't show up) but if I run the HDMI cable thru the Pioneer I get nothing which mean I don't get the audio through my surround system. What am I missing?
Sweetwater Mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:00 PM   #2
sapporobaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetwater Mac View Post
I'm setting up my home theater using a Mac Mini 2.26 along with a Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH receiver. I bought the Kanex Mini Displayport to HDMI 1020p Video and Digital Audio Adapter. I can connect my Mini directly to my Samsung plasma and everything works fine (although the top of the display where the menu is doesn't show up) but if I run the HDMI cable thru the Pioneer I get nothing which mean I don't get the audio through my surround system. What am I missing?
I had a similar problem when I had an LG. You have to have the TV set to "Just Scan". This should correct the problem. I now have a Sony and did not have this problem but I guess some TV's are different. Try this. The problem, if there is one, is with the TV and not the Mini.

Cheers.
sapporobaby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Sweetwater Mac
macrumors newbie

I'll see if my set has "scan" as a setting and if so give it a try. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:25 PM   #4
brendu
macrumors 68000

when I connect my MB to my samsung plazma I get the same thing, the top bar and lower section of the desktop are just off the screen. What you need to do is push the "P Size" button on your Samsung remote until it goes to "Screen Fit" mode. Then its perfect. Not sure about the Pioneer issue, sorry.
brendu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Sweetwater Mac
macrumors newbie

Thanks, I did figure that one out last night on the screen size. One down, several to go!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater