Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Big Byte
macrumors regular

Where is the Notes application stored on my laptop?

Hi, when I sync my iPhone, where on my computer can I find the notes that I created on my iPhone? Thanks.
Big Byte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Scottyk9
macrumors 6502a

Mail
Scottyk9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Big Byte
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Mail
Do you mean mac Mail? I would have to set up an account first, no?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:49 AM   #4
DPA
macrumors 65816

Location: trapped as a prisoner of a purple aurora and an aluminum device
In Mail, there is a folder called Reminders. When you expand that section, there is a Notes folder where any iPhone notes are synced. If you are on a PC, I'm not sure where they are synced. You shouldn't have to setup a Mail account to get to the Notes, although it may require you to in order to get to the Mail browser.

DPA
Old Jan 18, 2010, 11:56 AM   #5
Big Byte
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPA View Post
In Mail, there is a folder called Reminders. When you expand that section, there is a Notes folder where any iPhone notes are synced. If you are on a PC, I'm not sure where they are synced. You shouldn't have to setup a Mail account to get to the Notes, although it may require you to in order to get to the Mail browser.

DPA
Sorry, guys, but I'm a little lost here. I'm using an iBook G4 with my iPhone 3GS. In the applications folder on my iBook, I have a Mail icon, but no folders. If I click on the icon, it asks to provide a description of the "incoming mail server" but, because I don't know what it is (I have a hotmail account), I can't continue to setup my account. Can anyone be a little more specific as to where I can find my notes once I've synced my iPhone? Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:49 PM   #6
DPA
macrumors 65816

Location: trapped as a prisoner of a purple aurora and an aluminum device
Follow some instructions on how to setup a hotmail account (it'll be nice having your Mail app setup anyway) and then once that's done make sure Notes are selected to sync (in iTunes with your iPhone connected). Notes are under the Info tab on your iPhone's device page in iTunes. After you do that, you should have all your Notes on your iPhone synced onto your Mac in the Mail application. I've attached a screenshot so you can see exactly what I'm talking about with the Reminders and Notes folder.

DPA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ggg.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	211304  

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting