Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
What's up with the red light coming from my headphone jack. It only turns on when I am in Windows XP via Bootcamp. It doesn't turn on while using OSX.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Yeah, to get it to go away, you need to try the really advanced method of keep plugging and unplugging headphones.

It's unclear what exactly is the culprit or what exactly the other solution is to fix it.

No jokes.

Paul B

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
I have the same "problem" - nothing you can really do about it except deal with it.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I have the same "problem" - nothing you can really do about it except deal with it.

Yeah, it's no problem. I was just wondering what it could be. I had never seen it on any MacBooks before.

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
You didnt install the drivers. Put in your OSX dvd and install the drivers to make it all work.

What does that even mean? Of course I installed the drivers from my OSX 10.6 disc, but if you have not realized the driver, I posted, is from the OSX 10.6.1 disc.

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
Guess what buddy? They work. They fixed the red light issue.

First go to the Programs and Features section of the control panel.
Then uninstall the Cirrus Logic Windows Driver Package
Reboot
Then install the appropriate new driver from the zipped folder in the link a couple posts above.

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
What does that even mean? Of course I installed the drivers from my OSX 10.6 disc, but if you have not realized the driver, I posted, is from the OSX 10.6.1 disc.

I was referencing OP, if OP didnt install the audio drivers from the DVD then its going to leave the optical on all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.