Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion

Old Aug 18, 2004, 08:24 PM   #1
PrometheusG5
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to PrometheusG5 Send a message via MSN to PrometheusG5 Send a message via Yahoo to PrometheusG5
Adding Images to Apple Screen Savers?

How can you add pictures to the Apple-provided screen savers? I love the "Cosmos" one, but I wanted to know if you can add images to it.

BTW...if anyone can direct me to a site that has nice images of the Universe and/or Solar System, I'd appreciate it! There are so many out there, it would be nice to know which ones are quality sites (or any other resources for such images).
PrometheusG5 is offline   0
Old Aug 18, 2004, 11:37 PM   #2
HexMonkey
Administrator

Copy the screen saver from /System/Library/Screen Savers/Cosmos.slideSaver to /Library/Screen Savers/. Now control click/right click on the copy and select "Show package contents". When it opens, open Contents, then Resources. Add the pictures here.

Then go to System Preferences and choose the screen saver. The copy will appear in the list as a replacement to the original (it did for me at least), so if you want to use the original again, just delete or move the copy.
HexMonkey is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion