Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:21 AM   #1
mscriv
macrumors 68040

How to print threads?

How do I make a thread printable? I've used the "show printable version" in thread tools, but the page layout and font settings are huge. For example, link. This thread is less than thirty posts long, but to print it would take eight pages.

Is there a way to print a thread with a page layout and font size that is reasonable so as not to waste paper?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:28 AM   #2
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscriv View Post
How do I make a thread printable? I've used the "show printable version" in thread tools, but the page layout and font settings are huge. For example, link. This thread is less than thirty posts long, but to print it would take eight pages.

Is there a way to print a thread with a page layout and font size that is reasonable so as not to waste paper?
That didn't look huge to me, but why don't you just copy and paste the page into Word and edit out any junk and choose a font or page layout to further minimize pages?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:22 PM   #3
mscriv
macrumors 68040

^ I was hoping to avoid that type of work. While it is a simple solution, it takes time and can be tedious depending on the thread and what it contains.

As far as your assessment that it's not too big, well four posts a page seems too large for me. There's got to be a way to simply shrink the default font size when you go to print mode.

Last edited by mscriv; Jan 19, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
mscriv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Use the printable version then click print and change the scale of the print in the printer settings.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Doctor Q
Administrator

How 'bout picking "Layout" in the drop-down list in the Print dialog box and setting Pages per Sheet to 2 or 4?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback