Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Storm Shadow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
I've created a theme based on the illumine theme which has worked out alright however when i turn the theme off in winterboard the icons remain slightly strange.

You can see from the screenshot that the icons themselves kind of revert back to normal, however they have kept their underlighting and the icons are smaller than normal.

Can anyone help me? I've only used winterboard to apply the themes so i havent altered any core files but i cant understand why the icons have kind of half changed back to normal...

With theme on:
1z1xqna.png
2gwul2a.png

With all winterboard files turned off:
1zvdag5.png
11s09sk.png

You can see from the bottom images that Facebook, Wikipedia, Mobile Minutes, iFitness, Appbox Pro etc have kind of changed back to stock icons however they are smaller and have that bottom glow that comes from the illumine theme.

Appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks

Storm Shadow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
All fixed. Thanks to scirica for the reply in another thread. It was to do with the icon cache.

Those almost look like little icons from the Ilumine theme. Regardless, try deleting the /var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringBoardIconCache and /var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringBoardIconCache-small folders. They will rebuilt later automatically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.