Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThomasC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
Hi lads,

i plugged my ipod into the computer to update the software to 2.2 (dont know if thats the right number of software but it started with 2.). while i was updating it it just stopped and the screen went to this.

4096916895_8e338c4eee_o.jpg

it stays like that, even when you reset it and turn it back on it's still there.

ive read all over the place that you plug it into the computer and go into itunes, then hold the power and home button for 10 seconds, then when the screen goes black let go of the power button but keep holding the home button until the apple comes up. then while in itunes press restore.

i've did all that numerous times and the "connect to itunes" screen stays there. with the screen like that and when i plug it up to the computer i cant sync the ipod with the computer, ya know at the menu on the left in itunes where it has
LIBRARY
music
movies
tv shows
podcasts
applications
radio

STORE
itunes store
purchased
puschased on thomas's ipod

etc...

theres meant to be one that says "thomas's ipod" where you can sync the ipod and upload photos but its not there at all...

the ipod is over a year old.

is the ipod completey screwed or is there anything else i can do.
what should i do ?

any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.