Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Claerion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
I'm going to be in San Francisco on the 27th and I'm also looking to buy a new MBP once they come out, hopefully this week but I guess we'll see.

I was wondering do they let non press people into the conference or do you need a pass of some sort? And if you do need a pass is it a waste of my time to go over there in the chaos or will it be worth it for just the experience?

Claerion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Ok.

So do you think it's a waste of time to even go down there? Is there anything to do outside? Or anything to see?

I'm going to be in the city anyways.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
Ok.

So do you think it's a waste of time to even go down there? Is there anything to do outside? Or anything to see?

I'm going to be in the city anyways.

I guess the best thing than being inside there is to log into Engadget and watch as things develop....

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I guess the best thing than being inside there is to log into Engadget and watch as things develop....

I'd go there, see the line. Spaz out at how awesome it is.

...and then read the Engadget liveblog while you think that this is happening just a couple hundred feet away.

That actually sounds pretty cool... in my lame opinion :D

Claerion

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Yea that's kinda what I'm thinking just go to be there, and see all the madness. I still think it will be cool to just be there. I guess I was just wondering if there were things that would be going on outside.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Yea that's kinda what I'm thinking just go to be there, and see all the madness. I still think it will be cool to just be there. I guess I was just wondering if there were things that would be going on outside.

Then you could tell everyone that you were there when Steve Jobs announced the most revolutionary thing in the world.

gonewestcoast

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Color me skeptical, but I care far more about an updated MBP (Apple's bread and butter over the past few years) than I do about a tablet (historically a hard sell)...

Very curious to see how Apple spins this.

hundert

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2010
Apple Song

If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to look at new apples on that show
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet that brand new macbook pro

For those who come to San Francisco
Apple time will be a love-in there
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with macbooks on their laps

All across the nation such a strange vibration
People in motion
There's a whole new generation of macs with expectation
People in motion, people in motion

For those who come to San Francisco
Be sure to look at those cool Macbook Pros
If you come to San Francisco
Apple time will be a loving show

If you come to San Francisco
Apple time will be a loving show

I had nothing to do :) I am really waiting for that 27th!

GodWhomIsMike

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Color me skeptical, but I care far more about an updated MBP (Apple's bread and butter over the past few years) than I do about a tablet (historically a hard sell)...

Very curious to see how Apple spins this.

All I want is a 15" Macbook Pro with a Core i7 720QM cpu. :D

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
I'm going to be in San Francisco on the 27th and I'm also looking to buy a new MBP once they come out, hopefully this week but I guess we'll see.

I was wondering do they let non press people into the conference or do you need a pass of some sort? And if you do need a pass is it a waste of my time to go over there in the chaos or will it be worth it for just the experience?

You have to purchase a pass. You're correct; the even will be chaotic.

Habitus :apple:

coast1ja

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2009
can anyone post a link to a live web stream or at least a semi-live commentary that will be available tomorrow? I can readily find one on Google! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.