Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
So my weekend toy is old enough to be sporting collector's plates. It's a 1990 Camaro with the 5.0L. Largely stock, except for intake/exhaust/a few goodies and a little suspension work. The car is a very rare Maui Blue Metallic, and in beautiful condition throughout.

In Minnesota when a car hits 20 years old you can give it collector's plates, which I want to do.

In MN we get seven letters/numbers for vanity plates, so what are some good ideas? Since the car isn't super fast, no "I8AVIPR" or anything like that, but I want something related to the car itself.

Ideas?

iowamensan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2006
dblwide
joedirt

Just kidding, of course. everyone knows trailer folk wouldn't have kept it stock.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
U NV ME

...or something with 1990 in it, 'cause when most people see it, they're gonna wonder what year it is.

thats a good point, as 1990 was the year with the lowest production ever thanks to the UAW strike, with a mere 32,XXX units produced.

i believe the color is one of like 1800 ever built. not RARE, but very very very uncommon.

Blade3562

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2010
ILVTOFU come one guys its I Love Tofu lol :p

my vanity plate in ohio is
DSC06606.jpg

Try these out on your states testing site, Ohio had one that we checked ours out with, now being a collector plate maybe the odds are better at getting what you want

ROCKN 90
ROKIN 90
ROKN 90
ROKN CAM
MAUI CAM
MR ANGRY
90 CHEVY
90 CHVY
90 CMARO
MAUI BLU
NOT YRS
PLY NICE
UCTHAT
HED TRNR
GME OVR
BLUE 90
BLUE 1990
MAUI 90
MAUI 1990

;)

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
BADMOFO
:D:D

haha....the state troppers will be waiting for you at reststops...lol

according to urban dictionary BADMOFO definition is:

a person of such dangerous capability that it produces a natural coolness about them, which when those two qualities combine (coolness and danger) create a reputation that is renowned. They exude these qualities in every aspect of day to day living, therefore leaving their mark on society in legendary form.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Considering the kind of vehicle they are for I suggest:

D8RAPST

then you can cruise the high school parking lots :D

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
Foolish
Iamlame
Mullett

Cruising the high school parking lot for a date on Friday makes sense when one drives a Camarro with personalized plates especially when the plate matches the hair do.....all he needs is to say he lives in a single wide and claim he's half Cherokee LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.