Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 25, 2010, 09:51 PM   #1
deliciousss
macrumors newbie

Cursor moving and clicking on its own

Okay, well this problem recently developed probably within the last three months. Occasionally, while using my macbook pro my cursor will begin to make slight movements on its own. However, sometimes the movements are larger and can involve the cursor clicking and remaining 'clicked' on something. I have googled the issue and searched all around but I am led to either a windows forum or something that just doesn't help me.

Attached to my macbook is a wireless logitech keyboard, and a Razer Copperhead mouse. Prior to the copperhead I had a logitech mx518 but the problem still remained. I do not know what causes my cursor to move on its own and the issue does seem to occur when the mouse is unplugged as well. There is no dust or particles interfering with the optical sensor on the mouse and I am using a standard, clean, cloth pad. I just want to know what to do to correct this issue.

Anything helps
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:41 PM   #2
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Could you be hitting the trackpad? System Preferences -> Trackpad -> Ignore accidental trackpad input.
Or System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Mouse & Trackpad -> Ignore trackpad when mouse is present.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:56 PM   #3
deliciousss
macrumors newbie

Are there any other possible things it could be? When I use my mouse I don't touch the trackpad so I'm a little confused
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:18 AM   #4
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciousss View Post
Are there any other possible things it could be? When I use my mouse I don't touch the trackpad so I'm a little confused
Faulty Trackpad?
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:58 PM   #5
Edge 540
macrumors newbie

Pram

Im having the same problem. For some reason resetting the pram seems to have alleviated it at least temporarily. Try rebooting while holding P and R and see if that helps.
Edge 540 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 02:09 PM   #6
jdavtz
macrumors 6502a

How often does it happen? Can you try without the wireless keyboard and mouse to see if it still happens? What about with a new user account?
jdavtz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:18 PM   #7
charliec71
macrumors newbie

hi - was there a solution for this problem? I have the same problem with the mouse cursor suddenly jumping around, clicking and right clicking to open up things or create new blank folders on the desktop.

I have a Macbookpro running Mac OS X 10.6.4 and it just started. I connect a Mac Bluetooth Mouse but problem still occurs when I disconnect the mouse.

I read somewhere about reinstalling the mouse drivers - any ideas on how to do this and if this is worth doing?

Need some help urgently please!!
charliec71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 02:49 PM   #8
Milden
macrumors newbie

This problem just occurred with me and I give the track pad on the laptop a clean with screen cleaner on a tissue. Worked a treat.
Milden is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help