Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate5911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post, but I was wondering if there will be any sites that will be showing the keynote? Apple posts an edited version a few hours after on their site, but if I could, I would rather watch it as it goes along. I know there is always twitter, word of mouth, sites like TUAW, and Engadget that provides updates as it goes along and such.

If an online stream isn't available and this is a pointless question, then can an Admin remove this?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post, but I was wondering if there will be any sites that will be showing the keynote? Apple posts an edited version a few hours on their site, but if I could, I would rather watch it as it goes along. I know there is always twitter, word of mouth, sites like TUAW, and Engadget that provides updates as it goes along and such.

If an online stream isn't available and this is a pointless question, then can an Admin remove this?

Apple no longer do live video streams of their Keynotes. Text updates (with photos) will be the best you are going to get.

Nate5911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Apple no longer do live video streams of their Keynotes. Text updates (with photos) will be the best you are going to get.

Yea, thats what I figured would happen. Just wanted to make a quick post here just to be sure.

Johnpartridge

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
No Live video streams are available, this is a strictly private event. But the online news outlets such as engadget, gizmodo 9to5mac and of course macrumors do provide good coverage of these events with Text and Picture updates.

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
How long does it usually take for the video to come up as a podcast. Last years september event was available same day. Is it a couple of hours?

Thanks,

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
9to5mac.com is claiming to have a "revolutionary" new way to follow the keynote so it might be worth checking them out. Their site is down at the moment though. (at least for me it is)

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
What are some of the other sites? Last year i was bouncing between multiple sites.

Engadget.com "i usually avoid them cause they seem to have a smart ass comment every time they don't agree with something."

Gizmodo.com

Tuaw.com

I think Macworld will have live updates but not sure.

Nate5911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Oh ok, thanks for the responses. Ill be checking around sites since there are apparently some out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.