Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:14 AM   #1
theflash44
macrumors newbie

Quicktime won't open large .mov file

I recorded a movie with isight-a very long one at that-around 3 hours. When I try to play back I receive error message "The movie is not in a format that QuickTime Player understands."

How to play? I have Quicktime Player 10 running from Snow Leopard.

Inside the folder for the event in imovie it shows the movie file but with a zero kb size. Also has an imovie cache folder.
theflash44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:36 PM   #2
jackerin
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflash44 View Post
Inside the folder for the event in imovie it shows the movie file but with a zero kb size. Also has an imovie cache folder.
If the file created turned out zero kb I would say it's the opposite to being a very large mov file... Sounds like something went wrong at some point. Try searching your HD for large files and see if you can find if it's still around somewhere.
jackerin is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help