Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jan 27, 2010, 04:54 PM   #1
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

BT Keyboard support - how'd i miss this?

http://www.apple.com/ipad/design/ (scroll down to accessories)
Quote:
Thereís also a standalone Dock. And because iPad has built-in Bluetooth 2.1, itíll work with an Apple Wireless Keyboard, too.
I had only seen complaining that it had the keyboard attached on the dock - "why not support the BT keyboard?"

Gee, so what else will be able to connect via the BT then? Is that in the SDK?

I have visions of keeping a keyboard in the car now! LOL!
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 05:35 PM   #2
jtara
macrumors 65816

Lots of stuff not mentioned in the presentation. It was a long presentation, and would have been longer if it had included ALL of the details.

Good find! You really need to go read the specifications page and other web pages (and do a little bit of reading between the lines) before you dismiss a feature because it wasn't mentioned in the presentation.

I assume that all of the existing iPhone Bluetooth functionality (e.g. A2DP) that people are bitching about being missing isn't missing.
jtara is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories