Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iVersa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
London, UK
I'm running 10.6.2 and iTunes 9.0.2 and it keeps randomly stopping... its very annoying. I'll play a tune and then after a while it will just randomly stop as if I have hit the stop button. It seems to be random in that sometimes it'll take 10 seconds, another time it will play the song for a minute or so. When I opened iTunes earlier it played a song on its own accord too. Very strange.

Anyone else experienced this? Possible causes? I have a bluetooth mouse connected which I thought might be malfunctioning but it happens when the cursor isn't over the play/stop button.

Any help or input much appreciated :)

iVersa

4dboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
Same but on iPhone ios Ver 7.02

I'm running 10.6.2 and iTunes 9.0.2 and it keeps randomly stopping... its very annoying. I'll play a tune and then after a while it will just randomly stop as if I have hit the stop button. It seems to be random in that sometimes it'll take 10 seconds, another time it will play the song for a minute or so. When I opened iTunes earlier it played a song on its own accord too. Very strange.

Anyone else experienced this? Possible causes? I have a bluetooth mouse connected which I thought might be malfunctioning but it happens when the cursor isn't over the play/stop button.

Any help or input much appreciated :)

iVersa
I have got he same probs in ios7 on my new iPhone 5 so grateful for any answers with this as well. Also have issue on my iPhone with screen response on i tunes not always switching between modes e.g. Pause, FF and play etc. Also generally find the screen and actions, not only difficult to see but to use as well without glasses. The young bucks in the O2 shop suggest it's my age and that I am not yet used to the 'swiping' technique deployed nowadays! (Whipper snappers!)

Alecsander73

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2019
Same but on iPhone ios Ver 7.02

I have got he same probs in ios7 on my new iPhone 5 so grateful for any answers with this as well. Also have issue on my iPhone with screen response on i tunes not always switching between modes e.g. Pause, FF and play etc. Also generally find the screen and actions, not only difficult to see but to use as well without glasses. The young bucks in the O2 shop suggest it's my age and that I am not yet used to the 'swiping' technique deployed nowadays! (Whipper snappers!)
[doublepost=1558488142][/doublepost]I'm using iTunes V12.9.5.5. It's extremely unstable and keeps randomly and intermittently stopping. My iMac uses V10.14.5. Tha folks from Apple don't respond to my queries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.