Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Billy Boo Bob

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Dark Side Of The Moon
I'm wondering if the SDK will open up BlueTooth development very much. Like, will we end up being able to use BT keyboards, headphones, and other hardware? Maybe yet to be found/created BT hardware (like a camera)? Will we see apps that can transfer files over BT?

I'm not looking for "in the know" answers here... Just some speculation.

Mew2468

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2009
Home of the 2010 Winter Games
On the iPad page on the Apple website, it says that the iPad will be compatible with an Apple Wireless Keyboard as well as the keyboard dock. Since the iPod Touch and iPhone can utilize BlueTooth headphones (correct me if I'm wrong), I'm pretty sure the iPad will also be able to.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I'm wondering if the SDK will open up BlueTooth development very much. Like, will we end up being able to use BT keyboards, headphones, and other hardware? Maybe yet to be found/created BT hardware (like a camera)? Will we see apps that can transfer files over BT?

I'm not looking for "in the know" answers here... Just some speculation.
There will indeed be bluetooth keyboards, no bluetooth mouse though. Headphones will be usable as they are on the iPhone/Touch. Apps will fill the hole by allowing photo transfer via App, and probably a jailbroken App will allow for full file access and transfer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.