Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2002
I LOVE my Rev. B SSD that i bought new a year ago. I ordered a second one from Apple earlier this week, but this is a refurb. Anyone here bought a Refurb. Rev. B SSD? Please post your experiences.

YoungTurk

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
Every refurb I have seen looks as good as new and with one year warrenty you can always send it back if your not happy if you go on YouTube they have a few videos of refurb airs.

bugout

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
is everything!
After selling my Rev B/SSD and getting a 13" MBP and then coming back again, I bought a refurb Rev B SSD. Looked like it was brand new to me! :)

To me, and most people, apple refurbs are as good as new.

edblor

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
My 1.86GHz 120GB HDD is a refurb, and except for the box, might as well be new!

Very happy, great deal, and I would not hesitate to buy refurb from Apple again.

Of course, I don't know what happened to have this returned, and Apple assures us they replace defective parts.

Either way, I'm happy:D

Young Turk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2002
My 1.86GHz 120GB HDD is a refurb, and except for the box, might as well be new!

Very happy, great deal, and I would not hesitate to buy refurb from Apple again.

Of course, I don't know what happened to have this returned, and Apple assures us they replace defective parts.

Either way, I'm happy:D

UPDATE:

Received the Rev. B SSD refurb Wednesday from Apple. In a word, Perfect in every possible aesthetic and mechanical way. If this isn't brand new, I don't know what is. No lines. The keyboard keys are a little more matte finish, and provide a little more resistance (good thing) on this late build Rev. B than the Rev. B SSD I sold b/c the top case had a blemish that bugged me [sold it on eBay for almost what the refurb cost:)]

As mentioned, beautiful LCD, no lines, Display Model 9C8F; my first Rev. B also didn't have any lines, but I don't remember the model number.

Highly recommend the Apple refurb. route.

YoungTurk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.