Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sina10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
I purchased AirPort Express a few days ago, and struggle to get the wireless printing feature to work on my iMac running OS 10.5.x First, I can connect the HP OfficeJet 4215xi directly to the iMac, and it will print successfully. When I connect the printer to the USB port of AirPort Express, I can add the printer via System Preferences, Printers & Faxes, use + sign to add it my wireless network. The printer will not show the same icon / right pictogram as direct connect, not sure if this is of any importance. The driver should be searched and added automatically, but the 'Print Using' drop-down will come up empty. When I try to manually search for it in the list, it's not available. Note: I installed the additional printer drivers from OS 15 install CD, and also went to the HP website and downloaded another drivers package including the HP OfficeJet 4200 series. The install program completes without error. When I delete the printer after having reset printing systems (deletes previous driver) and add it again, hoping it would now find the print driver, it still doesn't. Did restart iMac and took out the AirPort Express from outlet and back in again. Still the same. Any ideas what can be done to get Leopard to recognize the appropriate HP driver that should be available on the hard disk? Thanks much for any help. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.