Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:02 PM   #1
gerberdaisy
macrumors newbie

ynab vs iBank

anyone have thoughts on comparing these two? I just downloaded the trials, and started playing with both. I also considered Mondy, iFinance, Moneydance and Budget, but iBank and YNAB seemed most like what I was looking for upfront, and seemed to have support and forums out there.

I'm looking first and foremost to track spending. I make most of my purchases on my credit card, and also want to track cash or the occasional check that gets written for odd ball things.

Secondly, I may consider paying bills through the software rather than logging on to each individual credit card's website. I don't mind manually downloading data, but it would be nice if it could happen automatically.

One feature I want to make sure that works is when I import credit card data and 'pay' it from my checking acct (weather for real, or just show the transaction, and go pay online manually), I want to make sure it's not double-accounted for.

Are there any benefits to either? or pros / cons? I haven't been able to find a good side by side comparison on just these two out there.

I also have an iphone, but not sure if I would bother to log in every detail while out and about since most of my spending is on my credit card and I could download everything at once.

thoughts?
tia,
susan
gerberdaisy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:21 PM   #2
TonyK
macrumors 6502

MoneyDance is what I use at the house. For bill paying, I log in to my bank's website and make the payments there. One stop bill paying. Fewer sites to worry about with confidential information.

There might be an iPhone app for MoneyDance. It is not one of those things I wish to have on my iPhone. Just a "me" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy View Post
anyone have thoughts on comparing these two? I just downloaded the trials, and started playing with both. I also considered Mondy, iFinance, Moneydance and Budget, but iBank and YNAB seemed most like what I was looking for upfront, and seemed to have support and forums out there.

I'm looking first and foremost to track spending. I make most of my purchases on my credit card, and also want to track cash or the occasional check that gets written for odd ball things.

Secondly, I may consider paying bills through the software rather than logging on to each individual credit card's website. I don't mind manually downloading data, but it would be nice if it could happen automatically.

One feature I want to make sure that works is when I import credit card data and 'pay' it from my checking acct (weather for real, or just show the transaction, and go pay online manually), I want to make sure it's not double-accounted for.

Are there any benefits to either? or pros / cons? I haven't been able to find a good side by side comparison on just these two out there.

I also have an iphone, but not sure if I would bother to log in every detail while out and about since most of my spending is on my credit card and I could download everything at once.

thoughts?
tia,
susan
TonyK is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store