Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Samsquantch
macrumors member

Budget Monitors

So my M-Audio AV-40s just took a crap on me, and I'm thinking I'd like to go with something else this time around--the craftsmanship on this AV-40's seems to be a bit suspect and before they broke, they developed a pretty anything buzzing in the higher frequencies.

I'm looking to spend about the same amount of money ($150 - $200). I'm not using them for serious recording or anything, just for listening to music and FCP editing. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 02:02 AM   #2
RHELF
macrumors member

You may find yourself limited in that price range, but check out the Samson MediaOne 5A($199/pr) or if you can swing an extra $100 or so, the KRK Rokit 5 G2's are pretty decent($150 each) or the Samson Resolv A5's($299/pr). Hope that gets you on the right track.
RHELF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:06 PM   #3
pcypert
macrumors 6502

I love my little Audio Engine computer speakers. I think I have the A2's. They're 200 bucks and worth every penny. Maybe not the most impressive bass... but a very true sound, perfect for me (and my budget) for listening to music and editing in FCP and other programs...

Paul

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio