Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Recently moved to a Mac Mini and now I'm looking for a way to silence the loud fans in my old PowerMac Dual 1.25 G4 Mirror Drive Door.

Can't bring myself to just dump it, but I never did like the amount of noise it made. :(

Has anyone tried water cooling this noise monster?

Alan

dazey

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2005
The verex kits are pretty good. You might manage to find one on ebay if you are lucky.

snouter

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
I had a Dual 800MHz.

That thing was a bit loud, lol. I was always stunned when I powered it down and everything got real quiet.

One of the better Macs I've had though. Thing was a champ.

Used it until I upgraded to a dual G5 2.0.

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
Verax Fan kit

Recently moved to a Mac Mini and now I'm looking for a way to silence the loud fans in my old PowerMac Dual 1.25 G4 Mirror Drive Door.

Can't bring myself to just dump it, but I never did like the amount of noise it made. :(

Has anyone tried water cooling this noise monster?

Alan

I have just recently replaced my G4. The Verax kit for the power supply and other fans are left over. If you are interested I would sell it, leave me a message.

:apple:

mauka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Thanks for all the advice and help, I decided to move the G4 to my office and use it to test and support the Mac users on our Novell/SUSE network.

Upgraded my 2009 Mini with dual monitors, 4Gigs RAM, 7200 320Gig HD, and a Magic Mouse. Works great and doesn't make a sound.

Alan :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.