Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:52 PM   #1
vini-vidi-vici
macrumors 6502

sync iPad to iPod without computer?

If iTunes is "resident" on the iPad, I wonder if there would be some way to sync an iPod touch to the iPad? I have a touch, and will likely get an iPad. I'd prefer to just bypass the whole "computer thing" if possible (though, it'd still be good for backup). Any thoughts on how something like this might work? If they could do this via bluetooth, that'd be perfect.

For example, I subscribe to a number of podcasts. The iTunes on my iPad will always go out an fetch the latest ones. I'd like to get those over to my iPod touch as that'll be the primary way I'll listen to them. I can always use the "get more" button on the touch, but that's kind of cumbersome.
vini-vidi-vici is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:50 PM   #2
iVoid
macrumors 65816

The iTunes on the iPad is just the iTunes store, not the full desktop app. There's still a separate iPod app for music/video playback.

So no, you won't be able to sync ipad to ipod.
iVoid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2010, 03:08 AM   #3
GidbinN
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to GidbinN Send a message via MSN to GidbinN
well, not like it will be impossible to run the full iTunes on iPad

but so far iPad only runs iPhone OS, i think it's hard to sync with another mobile device.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:16 AM   #4
Outrigger
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by vini-vidi-vici View Post
If iTunes is "resident" on the iPad, I wonder if there would be some way to sync an iPod touch to the iPad? I have a touch, and will likely get an iPad. I'd prefer to just bypass the whole "computer thing" if possible (though, it'd still be good for backup). Any thoughts on how something like this might work? If they could do this via bluetooth, that'd be perfect.

For example, I subscribe to a number of podcasts. The iTunes on my iPad will always go out an fetch the latest ones. I'd like to get those over to my iPod touch as that'll be the primary way I'll listen to them. I can always use the "get more" button on the touch, but that's kind of cumbersome.
No more than you can sync an iphone to an ipod touch. itunes is NOT resident on the ipad fyi.
Outrigger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:37 AM   #5
Gymgenius
macrumors regular

I plan only to use a laptop with iTunes to initialise my iPad. Following that, I will sync rarely, as the main use I can see will be book reading, web surfing and a using a few apps and games - which I can download directly onto the device.
Gymgenius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2010, 06:10 PM   #6
mtnDewFTW
macrumors 6502a

Well, both of them are mobile devices.. so it's very unlikely that you could sync them up without a computer. I mean, you can sync it up with iTunes, but I don't see the point of syncing with your iPod
mtnDewFTW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 08:45 PM   #7
japangina
macrumors newbie

surely a solution somewhere?

It's apparently seeming ridiculous to some responders, but this is a valid question.

In my case, I live overseas and will be Stateside in a month. I really don't want order an iPad & pay to ship it, only to turn around and take it to the States with me if I can help it just to synch iTunes. The iPod is going along as well.

If I were to buy my iPad at an Apple Store, would there be someway (either through my iTunes account, mobile me, idisk, or anything) that I could get my iTunes content on the iPad? It seems crazy to risk and pay for shipping over here for that.

Please advise soonest as I'll need to order quite quickly if I need to have it here first....waiting until it's released in Japan isn't really the best option (may 28th) because if there's a glitch I'm sunk. Also, buying in Japan...I don't know if my core language or whatever would be Japanese, and the price differential is something to consider as well.

Thanks so much.
japangina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 05:30 AM   #8
AndrevJ
macrumors newbie

Question Any new info?

Now with iPhone 4S and iOS 5 out, is there still no way that an iPod can be sync'ed with an iPad?
AndrevJ is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 05:36 AM   #9
porcupine8
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrevJ View Post
Now with iPhone 4S and iOS 5 out, is there still no way that an iPod can be sync'ed with an iPad?
Now you can use iCloud with an iPod touch.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:20 AM   #10
Enlisans
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by japangina View Post
It's apparently seeming ridiculous to some responders, but this is a valid question.

In my case, I live overseas and will be Stateside in a month. I really don't want order an iPad & pay to ship it, only to turn around and take it to the States with me if I can help it just to synch iTunes. The iPod is going along as well.

If I were to buy my iPad at an Apple Store, would there be someway (either through my iTunes account, mobile me, idisk, or anything) that I could get my iTunes content on the iPad? It seems crazy to risk and pay for shipping over here for that.

Please advise soonest as I'll need to order quite quickly if I need to have it here first....waiting until it's released in Japan isn't really the best option (may 28th) because if there's a glitch I'm sunk. Also, buying in Japan...I don't know if my core language or whatever would be Japanese, and the price differential is something to consider as well.

Thanks so much.
iPad 2 Keyboard iPad 2 Smart Cover
Enlisans is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:30 PM   #11
apple4kim
Banned

Quote:

iCloud?
apple4kim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:27 AM   #12
adddictedtomac
Banned

Quote:

You can share files, photos, movies etc with all your devices. I found this cloud storage CX.com that gives you FREE 10GB to start with.

Here is a brief video that I made:

http://youtu.be/r_pCfwKSnIE

Hope it helps.
adddictedtomac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:38 PM   #13
KidSqueek
macrumors newbie

Let's say I have an iPod Nano, I can't manage it (back up, transfer songs and pics onto it) with an iPad? Even with iOS 5 is suppose to take the iDevices into a "post pc era"?
KidSqueek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:11 AM   #14
thewitt
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSqueek View Post
Let's say I have an iPod Nano, I can't manage it (back up, transfer songs and pics onto it) with an iPad? Even with iOS 5 is suppose to take the iDevices into a "post pc era"?
No. Sorry.
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad