Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I've been using iCal for the past few weeks sparingly. Mainly because i'm not a fan of how my workflow goes when using the application.

I've place an appointment here and there but no much more than that.

However for the past week i've been inputing everything i've been doing in iCal. At the end of the day i'll go in iCal and put in all the things I did for the day, their times and in their particular calendar, i.e. school, errands, home, etc.

I use OmniFocus with ease, I use Gmail with super ease...but iCal i've never liked simply because I don't know how to use it efficiently. I have the calendars set up but i'm not too big a fan of editing events, setting their times and dragging events to particular time slots (in week view) or even that I can just tap at the certain date/time to create an event when a calendar is alreayd blocking that time slot. It's like I gotta click somewhere else and then drag it. And my events aren't always an hour, they vary. and i know in prefs i can default the time for an event, mine is currently set to that one hour slot.....its a great application, i just wanna be a pro at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.