Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:32 AM   #1
MrCommunistGen
macrumors regular

Question Laserwriter Select 360 on network?

I recently put together a home network and am wondering if I could connect my old Laserwriter Select 360 to the network so that all of the computers can share it. I'm using a linksys wireless B router with a built-in 4 port router. I also have an unused 4 port hub. I would be sharing the printer with an iMacDVSE, a G4 (which I will be inheriting soon), an iBook 500Mhz (over AirPort) and a G3 tower. The Systems are running between OS 9.0 and 10.2.8.

Any help would be appreciated. If this question has already been answered I'd appreciate it if someone could find me a link to the answer.

Thanks
-MCG
Folding. Good for the Mac, good for the PC, good for you and good for me. Fold for MR Team 3446!
MrCommunistGen is offline   0
Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:40 AM   #2
Sun Baked
macrumors G5

If it has an Ethernet port, most likely.

Otherwise you will need a Localtalk-to-Ethernet bridge -- or to set up a machine as a print server.

As far as the Localtalk-to-Ethernet bridges, HP has them and so does Asante, and you can learn a bit about how they operate here...

http://www.asante.com/forums/default.asp
Old Aug 24, 2004, 08:49 AM   #3
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Baked
If it has an Ethernet port, most likely.

Otherwise you will need a Localtalk-to-Ethernet bridge -- or to set up a machine as a print server.

As far as the Localtalk-to-Ethernet bridges, HP has them and so does Asante, and you can learn a bit about how they operate here...

http://www.asante.com/forums/default.asp
The LaserWriter Select 360 does not have an Ethernet port, but it does have LocalTalk, serial, and parallel ports.
MisterMe is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers