Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skinica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
This may just be me wanting my cake and to eat it to, but I am having a tough time figuring out how to do this.

I have a MacBook Air where I use iCal and Address Book. I have a gmail account where I use GCal. I have an iPhone. And I have a MobileMe account.

Current setup: I sync my contacts from Address Book to iPhone via MM (and use the built in AB feature to sync with gmail). I sync my GCal to iPhone via Google Sync. I sync my GCal to iCal via Google Collaborations. Basically, GCal is my calendar cloud right now. The problem is that I prefer to use iCal over GCal as the main calendar program in order to use its various tools and most importantly to coordinate the color of the calendars b/n devices. I create and archive calendars regularly (i.e., new job, volunteering, plans with the fiancee, etc.). There is a work-around to the color-syncing this problem which is cumbersome and impractical (see Solution 2 at http://www.touchtip.com/iphone-and-...calendar-color-fix-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch/).

Desired setup: I want I want iCal to be my main calendar tool instead of GCal to utilize it's tools AND to choose the colors the calendars. Any idea how?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
try as I have, I have NOT been able to get my gcal to sync with ical, as a second calendar or ADDED to my main calendar. It seems doable, google lists the setup, but I have never gotten it to work in SL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.