Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Francois4256
macrumors newbie

HL-DT-ST DVDRW GA11N Firmware

I am still having trouble with Toast 10 and the connection unstable problem, which may or may not be related to the firmware in my Superdrive..

Which leads to this question:

My firmware is JA18, but read that the latest is KA18. Would the normal software update process show if there was a firmware upgrade? Would this be something you would get from the manufactures site?

The superdrive update 3, which in theory should work, won't install, says my computer doesn't need it, (who am I to argue)

Now, I have no idea whether or not this firmware update would help with my burning problems, but having bought Toast, I would like to use it..

So again the question, what is the best way to update the firmware on the drive?

Thanks

Francois
Francois4256 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help