Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Feb 3, 2010, 06:26 AM   #1
uncertainworld
macrumors newbie

Some websites won't fully load in any browser

I've seen similar questions elsewhere, but to date I haven't been able to find a solution that fits my problem.

Which is :

- Some sites won't load - started with telegraph.co.uk, then shop.ebay.co.uk (wouldn't search), then the whole of ebay including ebay.com, some google searches, parkers.co.uk, Flickr.com loads the homepage but not any of the photo pages, and many more. Been going on for 6 months at least, though is getting worse recently.

- on loading a page the status bar in safari reads, for example, "loading"http://www.ebay.com/", completed 12 of 13 items" and won't go past that point. The screen stays blank. The numbers vary but always the same pattern, except with shop.ebay.co.uk which cannot contact the server.

- same applies to safari, firefox and opera, although for some reason I can open telegraph.co.uk in opera without a problem.

- this is happening on a g5 tower running os 10.4.11. I also have a g4 powerbook with os 10.5 running through the same router, and that has no problems with any of the sites, so I guess the problem's in this computer and not the (bt) router, the isp or whatever.

Tried resetting, removing plist for safari, cleared cache, etc.
If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful to hear them.

Thanks
Martin

Last edited by uncertainworld; Feb 3, 2010 at 06:46 AM.
uncertainworld is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X