Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Feb 3, 2010, 03:05 PM   #1
preklbt
macrumors newbie

macbook pro & HP printer-offline

Hi!

I am new to the forum, I apologize if I am posting in the wrong spot! I am also new to mac.

Just bought a 17" macbook pro & am trying to get my HP C6280 to work on the mac. The printer is connected to our wireless router. The mac sees the printer, but says it is offline. I tried (after googling online) connecting it thru the usb to the macbook & updating the drivers, then I could "open print que" but not sure what I was supposed to do there. It will work if it is connected thru the usb, but not just wirelessly. Help! I thought maybe of "uninstalling" it & starting over, but I do not how to uninstall it.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.
Tami
preklbt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 03:10 PM   #2
prostuff1
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by preklbt View Post
Hi!

I am new to the forum, I apologize if I am posting in the wrong spot! I am also new to mac.

Just bought a 17" macbook pro & am trying to get my HP C6280 to work on the mac. The printer is connected to our wireless router. The mac sees the printer, but says it is offline. I tried (after googling online) connecting it thru the usb to the macbook & updating the drivers, then I could "open print que" but not sure what I was supposed to do there. It will work if it is connected thru the usb, but not just wirelessly. Help! I thought maybe of "uninstalling" it & starting over, but I do not how to uninstall it.

Thanks so much for any help you can give.
Tami
Go to HP site and look for some drivers for the printer. I have to do something similar for my Canon wireless printer to get it set up via wireless. I am fairly sure that the drivers you will install will guide you through that part.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals