Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Feb 3, 2010, 07:09 PM   #1
tocyk
macrumors member

1st gen iPod Mini problem.

So I've been using a hand-me-down 1st gen iPod Mini because I am a broke college student, but unfortunately, the other day I dropped it, and it seems to have broken. As of now, I plug it into my computer, and the iPod goes to a screen with a lightning bolt over the charging sign, and just stays there no matter how long I charge it. I tried researching this online, but couldn't really find any answers. Am I SOL?
tocyk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Davy.Shalom
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocyk View Post
So I've been using a hand-me-down 1st gen iPod Mini because I am a broke college student, but unfortunately, the other day I dropped it, and it seems to have broken. As of now, I plug it into my computer, and the iPod goes to a screen with a lightning bolt over the charging sign, and just stays there no matter how long I charge it. I tried researching this online, but couldn't really find any answers. Am I SOL?
I think you killed the microdrive. You're going to have to pop it open and replace the microdrive with a solid state CF card. 4GB ones can be found for cheap.
Davy.Shalom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:19 AM   #3
Fralle
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy.Shalom View Post
I think you killed the microdrive. You're going to have to pop it open and replace the microdrive with a solid state CF card. 4GB ones can be found for cheap.
...and be shure to check some vids or descriptions before starting this project ok?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod