Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:35 PM   #1
therrol
macrumors newbie

iphone 3gs power button seems stuck, turns on and off randomly

So I did something stupid, bought one of those custom color housings off ebay and took my phone apart to install it. Put it back together and it works, but pushing the power button (and I can hear/feel it "click) does nothing. Also the phone randomly turns on and off while in a call. I can turn the phone on and off by tapping the back side.

is there any way to disable the power button? otherwise the phone is impossible to use because it just turns on and off during a call, or during anything.
therrol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:51 AM   #2
DEE9299
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by therrol View Post
So I did something stupid, bought one of those custom color housings off ebay and took my phone apart to install it. Put it back together and it works, but pushing the power button (and I can hear/feel it "click) does nothing. Also the phone randomly turns on and off while in a call. I can turn the phone on and off by tapping the back side.

is there any way to disable the power button? otherwise the phone is impossible to use because it just turns on and off during a call, or during anything.
if you too it apart once just take it apart again and fix it make sure on the power button the metal piece on the back is pointing down
DEE9299 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting