Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:57 PM   #1
Scoop57
macrumors newbie

DOD CAC Reader help on a MacBook Pro

Guys,

First post as I just got my first Mac Last week. Overall I love it, but can not get it to work with any Navy CAC required sites. I am running OS 10.6.2 and have a SCR 331 CAC reader. I have followed all the instructions from this very informative website:

http://militarycac.com/apple.htm

but I still can not get it to work. The Card reader works, recognizes my password but will not access the websites. When I look at my certificates all three show up and I have listed the URL to all three via the "New Identify preference" option.

One thing that I did not do was upgrade/check the software for the card reader because it appears to work and I was told I would not need to.

I am considering using Windows via Bootcamp because I absolutely need access to these sites but I really don't want to do that.

Two questions:

Any ideas?
Will Apple provide any support regarding CAC issues?

Thanks Scoop57.
Scoop57 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 01:07 PM   #2
miles01110
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop57 View Post
Will Apple provide any support regarding CAC issues?
Highly doubtful.

You might check this thread for some inspiration, otherwise check the software for the card reader anyways.

Quote:
One thing that I did not do was upgrade/check the software for the card reader because it appears to work and I was told I would not need to.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Scoop57
macrumors newbie

Thanks Miles - I actually posted there but did not get a response. I will continue to monitor that thread and will try updating the card reader software as you suggest.

Scoop57
Scoop57 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help