Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 6, 2010, 07:09 PM   #1
badhorsie777
macrumors member

Entourage 2008 with Gmail - help with folders

See attached pic... why does my Gmail account in entourage have all the imap folders, and THEN another "gmail" folder within it that has the same stuff repeated? I'm just getting started using entourage 2008 and I'd love to fix this one thing.

Thanks!

-Matt
Attached Images

badhorsie777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 04:01 PM   #2
nadyne
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
In Entourage, go to Account Settings, and double-click on your Gmail account. Click on the "Options" tab. In the "Root folder" text box, type in "[Gmail]" (without the quotes, but with the brackets). Entourage will think for a second, and then your folder list will get repainted the way you want it.

While you're in here, there's a few other prefs that you might want to update to make your Gmail experience better:
* Select "Live sync (stay connected with server)" to get all mails immediately instead of having to sync every 10 minutes.
* Under "Live sync", select "connect immediately on launch" to have Entourage automatically get all of your mail instead of waiting for you to click to your Gmail folders. (This is mostly useful if you've got other accounts in Entourage too.)
* If you've got a lot of stuff in folders, consider selecting "only connect to inbox" under "live sync". This will improve performance.

Regards,
Nadyne.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:54 AM   #3
badhorsie777
macrumors member

That's just CRAZY helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to do all that.

-Matt
badhorsie777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:17 PM   #4
nadyne
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to nadyne Send a message via AIM to nadyne Send a message via MSN to nadyne Send a message via Yahoo to nadyne Send a message via Skype™ to nadyne
Glad to help!
nadyne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:57 AM   #5
JaniceHobbs
macrumors newbie

I can't find that "root" part in my options, Im having the same trouble as above. I have a box to name the account and I named it as you put above but it makes no changes as there are still a [GMail] folder within my GMail folder
JaniceHobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store