Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Feb 7, 2010, 11:17 AM   #1
missbbrooke
macrumors newbie

Macbook sound cutting in and out!!!

Hi
I have a White Macbook and a couple weeks ago, I plugged my Mac in my tv to hear the audio louder, and it was fine. I unplugged it fine, then about ten minutes later, my audio starting acting weird. It would cut off and the freeze bubble would come on and then act normal again. Also If I have headphones I can hear it popping once in a while between the input and output. Like there fighting between which the noise should come out of. It's really annoying and I have no idea what to do! There is no red light coming from the hole either.

Just the sound pops a lot basically, like I played it too loud and it freezes my computer once and a while but then starts again.

Help! Thanks!
missbbrooke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 01:02 PM   #2
chrismacguy
macrumors 68000

That is really weird. I often hook my White MacBook up to a variety of external speakers (headphones, surround speakers, monitor speakers, tvs) and have never had it - it could just be you have a rare dud of a machine - take it into Apple and see what they make of it.
chrismacguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio