Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:14 PM   #1
pcscolumbus
macrumors newbie

Help! AC pin broke off in plug on iBook

I guess I need to disassemble my iBook 500MHz to get to the plug, which I am assuming is part of the board. How do I pop the back of the machine off to see what needs replaced? My local dealer told me it would be $495 + $95 parts to fix it. I am in desperate need of some assistance. When I plug in my other AC adapter, the ring on the plug lights up orange but does not transfer any charge.
pcscolumbus is offline   0
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:25 PM   #2
stoid
macrumors 68040

Is there anyway to get to the broken off pin with a tweezers or something?

I'm assuming that you mean the little pin in the middle of the Apple laptop adaptor plug. In which case, I don't see how the other adaptor is fitting in there.
stoid is offline   0
Old Aug 25, 2004, 10:29 PM   #3
LeeTom
macrumors 65816

Yeah, I would definitely try tweezers there... or, put a little bit of glue or solder on the tip of something, and stick it to the broken off part, then try to pull it out. You'd have to be very precise, but it'll be well worth it, considering the alternative!!!

Lee Tom
LeeTom is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers