Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g3powerbook boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
hi all,

i found a new 40 gb hard drive i bought for my ibm laptop that i was going to repace before the ibm completely died hasnt been used yet and i want to install it in my g3 powerbook pismo. my question is how does one format it and then get it to mount so i can put tiger on it?

you guys are the best,

so far i love my powerbook much better than any windows computer i ever used :apple:

fernandovalente

macrumors 6502
hi all,

i found a new 40 gb hard drive i bought for my ibm laptop that i was going to repace before the ibm completely died hasnt been used yet and i want to install it in my g3 powerbook pismo. my question is how does one format it and then get it to mount so i can put tiger on it?

you guys are the best,

so far i love my powerbook much better than any windows computer i ever used :apple:

Have you already installed the hard drive on your computer? Use Disk Utility for that. On the system is located on Applications > Utilities. On the Mac OS X install DVD it's located on Utilities menu.

Hope it helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.