Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleisgod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
I work at BestBuy and we can longer order anymore macbook pros because they have been "deleted". This only happens when a newer model is coming out, is it finally time for I 3, 5's and 7's?

Claerion

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2009
If this is true that's quite interesting. I wonder if this is happening to most of the stores...

Picho

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
Probably just a glitch caused by running the optimization software on your own computers.

Yeah, don't forget to fight, I mean, talk to the manager to get that crap removed and get your $60 back.

appleisgod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Yea, iMacs and all the other computers can still be ordered, it's just the pros that are down. And if the "geek squad" doesn't mess something up then they just aren't doing their job. Anything to make you pay more.

Jakron

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2010
darn i have today and tomorrow off, otherwise i would have checked this myself.

ill see if some one from work can confirm if its deleted or not. if thats true its the next 2-3 weeks guaranteed

appleisgod

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
darn i have today and tomorrow off, otherwise i would have checked this myself.

ill see if some one from work can confirm if its deleted or not. if thats true its the next 2-3 weeks guaranteed

Yea just RSS the sku's. It says the out of stock date is June 10th, but I'm pretty sure that's just a random date as it's exactly one year from the in stock date.

JAF

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2010
Apple iMacs with i5 and i7

From Apple website:

Processor and memory

* 21.5-inch and 27-inch models, one of the following:
o 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB shared L2 cache
o 3.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 6MB shared L2 cache
* 27-inch models only, one of the following:
o 2.66GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.2GHz
o 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores

zyk

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Fr.
Still no changes about delivery time on the apple store so don't think there will be any updates tomorrow..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.