Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:17 PM   #1
elbruelsio
macrumors member

'More' Finder contextual menu isn't there

I was recently looking at an Automator example and found that I do not have a 'More' finder contextual menu.

My contextual menu has the following instead:

Can anyone tell me why this is so? Also, the Automator tutorial describes the ability to save a workflow as a Finder plug-in and I do not have that option in Automator. I am on OS X 10.6.2.

Here is the tutorial.

Thanks!
elbruelsio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:24 PM   #2
spinnerlys

I don't have that option too, but that may be due to me not setting up any Automator scripts.

Hmm, I also have 10.6.2.
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 07:33 PM   #3
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinnerlys View Post
I don't have that option too, but that may be due to me not setting up any Automator scripts.

Hmm, I also have 10.6.2.
Same here. I've looked at Automator to see if there's a setting and there's not.

Edit: I believe it has to do with the Keyboard preference. However, there's no More there.

Last edited by -aggie-; Feb 8, 2010 at 07:43 PM.
-aggie- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:13 PM   #4
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Also, it's something that was in Leopard. Snow Leopard has a different way to do it, so no more More. You use what I said in the first Edit and create an item in the Services under Keyboard Shortcuts in System Preferences to add Automator (I called it Work Flow. Then when you do the Option click, you get the ability to add pics to the work flow. See this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=785659

Last edited by -aggie-; Feb 8, 2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Double posted until OP sees the fix
-aggie- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:21 PM   #5
elbruelsio
macrumors member

To save anyone else the trouble, here is the answer that I found most helpful and is another thread deep into aggie's link. Thanks, aggie!

Quote:
Just went through this as well. I had a finder plugin that compressed a folder I selected and renamed it adding the date.

They are now called Services....and actually work pretty nice. they show up right at the bottom of the right click menu in Finder.

Open automator and check out Help -> Automator Help.

In Help choose the Creating Workflows link, then the If your Finder Plug-in workflow does work link.

Hope this helps.

-Kevin

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X