Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjharri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Ok so i just picked an Ipod Video up.

Im sure this question has been asked more than once but what is the best way to get some DVD's on to the Ipod?

If there is another thread i should see please point me in the right direction!

Thanks

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Do you mean this iPod?
ipod-video.jpg

Or that, called the iPod Touch?
93286_second-generation-ipod-touc.jpg

Please search before you post something that has been posted several times already.
MRoogle is quite a good tool to search these forums.

Example: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=011016...e:forums.macrumors.com&hl=en&as_qdr=all&meta=

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
There are free solutions such as Handbrake/VLC. Personally, I like the one-step no-brainer approach using Wondershare.

cjharri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
There are free solutions such as Handbrake/VLC. Personally, I like the one-step no-brainer approach using Wondershare.

One-step no-brainer works perfectly for me! haha thanks i will check out wondershare

Habitus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2009
Where ever my life takes me...
Ok so i just picked an Ipod Video up.

Im sure this question has been asked more than once but what is the best way to get some DVD's on to the Ipod?

If there is another thread i should see please point me in the right direction!

Thanks

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Apple does not condone or support illegally ripping or breaking the encryption on DVDs for iPod use! You better hope Steve-o doesn't find out!

Habitus :apple:

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Apple does not condone or support illegally ripping or breaking the encryption on DVDs for iPod use! You better hope Steve-o doesn't find out!

Habitus :apple:

That was sarcasm, right?

Because Apple can do nothing about that, but they would like you (general you) to use the iTunes Store to obtain your videos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.