Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Strange! If it is the new iMac, where's the rest of it? All I see is a screen ...

... but then, it doesn't look exactly like a cinema display.

Commence the HMMMMMMing.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Wow, these pictures haven't even been promoted to Page 2 yet.
attachment.php

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Well i don't know but they look legit, and i do hope so, cos if i could have a comp like that with a G5, that would be really hardcore!

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Well, after a brief peek at the photos, I think a hoax.

Why?

Macs always pack the mouse and keyboard in that styro on top. It looks more like the Apple Display styro mold than something that would gold DVDs, manuals, keyboard and mouse, and power cord.

Plus, most Mac models have a nice photo and big white letters on the box. Why open it? (A tad illegal for a baggage handler) Just take a snapshot of the box with its full color iMac image.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
stoid said:
If they can do that for the iMac G5, we'd have a PowerBook G5 out as well.

I second that. I think it's a Photoshop hack or cinema display ... or a Photoshopped cinema display.

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
It is not a cinema display, I own a 23" personally, and 20" at work, and the back of them don't look like that. It really just looks like a plasma TV inside an Apple display box. This looks like a hoax to me, but I have been wrong in the past.

Edit: This a definately a hoax, the screen looks like it is glass no LCD computer monitor that Apple makes have glass like that and not the the standard LCD film.

fwhh

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2004
Berlin, Germany
If this is the new mac, the biggest discussion will be about the reversed FULL apple on the back...So we shout forget this one....

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
realityisterror said:
and he just so happened to have a digital camera in his pocket... :rolleyes:

yeah... right...

kick me when i'm wrong,
reality
Nope he didn't, but there was a digital camera in another piece of luggage -- along with this guy's new Armani suit and gold Rolex. ;)

bluebull

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2003
DC
On the second pic there's a little bit sticking out from behind the screen, so it's not just a panel. Assuming it's real, I think it's pretty cool, though I don't know how it would stand upright.

gatorron

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2004
Tease Inc.

Cut me a break. I wait all fricking summer (having to suffer w/this piece o' poop PC) to buy the new iMac, and this is what we get...a turd in a box!!

Seriously, why didn't Apple just post the damn specs in July, take names, and then they'd know by Sept. the capacity at which to crank up the production line?

Ford did it with the new hybrid Escape. Smart Car has been doing it.

Hell, your girlfriend (future wife) does it...for one date, or three, or thirty.

Apple Inc. is Tease Inc. They can kiss my ass. I'm buying a Gateway.

heh

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
It looks pretty believable to me. Why is everyone's first reaction always "this is a hoax?" Yes, there are always mocks of new computer designs/OS features; but, Paris and new iMacs are only days away. Isn't it possible that someone hads access to these machines somewhere?

Maybe the blurring and crappy lighting are due to a cellular phone's low res. digital photography capabilities.

If it is the new machine, it might just have bluetooth keyboard and mouse connections, and the two peripherals may be under the first layer of styrofoam.

I'd buy it.

gatorron

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2004
Pig in a Poke

This week I received a catalog from MACMALL.

On page 7, it stated: "The new iMac is coming. Call us to place you order today."

Do they know something no one else does?

gatorron

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2004
Peace indeed

Yeah, Peace. If only.

Not while the neo-cons rule.

Emmigrate to Paradise Island! Clothing optional.

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
gatorron said:
This week I received a catalog from MACMALL.

On page 7, it stated: "The new iMac is coming. Call us to place you order today."

Do they know something no one else does?

Like what? Most people here know the new iMac is coming; Apple announced it on their site. What are you referring to exactly?

gatorron

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2004
How could they start taking orders without some specs to refer to?

Wait, I'm going to call them now, and see what happens. I will report back....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.