Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Curious as to what the safest method for cleaning the anti-glare screens is on the unibodies. On my glossy a simple damp lint-free cloth works perfectly, but I have a feeling that over time that method of cleaning may actually rub/ruin the antiglare surface, so I'm a bit worried.

How best to clean your antiglare?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Be light.

The cleaning cloth you got with your Mac is good for getting rid of smears.

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
steel wool
...and Windex.

No, seriously, just a soft, damp cloth. On my old anti-glare MBP I cleaned the screen with a Microfiber cloth and a little water. If there were fingerprints on the screen or something else that's greasy and hard to clean, I substituted iKlear for water.

Dr.Pants

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
On my old [Dell Precision] I cleaned the screen with a Microfiber cloth and a little water. If there were fingerprints on the screen or something else that's greasy and hard to clean, I substituted iKlear for water.

I say almost the exact same thing you could, Bill Gates.

But in all seriousness, the above worked fine and dandy.

mikes70mustang

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
US
Curious as to what the safest method for cleaning the anti-glare screens is on the unibodies. On my glossy a simple damp lint-free cloth works perfectly, but I have a feeling that over time that method of cleaning may actually rub/ruin the antiglare surface, so I'm a bit worried.

How best to clean your antiglare?

THIS is the very best way to clean a matte screen. It probably the best cleaner you can find.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.